Scott's Republic was signed to POM Records back in 2012 but are now inactive. But we just wanted to remind everyone how awesome their promo from back in the day was! Scott's Republic was one of the most well put together & organized bands around. We hope the members are doing well!
Randy (POM Records): League of Nations recently joined POM Records and released their 8 track EP, how's it feel?
League of Nations: It always feels good to release music. There's no denying that. This release is special to us, as it got us signed to POM Records, and we truly couldn't be happier about it.
Randy: Worlds Collide sales are rolling in and it seems like people are really digging it. Did you think it would be so popular?
League of Nations: We thought it would sell decently well, though we weren't expecting it to become the most sold album of 2023 so far. It has been selling like wildfire and no one expected it at all. I remember I told Nigel about the stats and he freaked out like "Holy shit! We blew up!" We're glad everyone likes Worlds Collide, and it gives us confidence for the future.
Randy: What was the song writing process like, which song was the favorite or hardest?
League of Nations: Umm... the writing process was actually fairly quick. I was able to contact my old bandmates and ask them for a couple songs we wrote, those songs being Worlds Collide and Fire in the Sky, and they gave the songs to us. My personal favorite song on the album is Third Degree, and the hardest song to make had to have been Mission Statement. Overall, we enjoyed the process. Believe it or not, City X was monumental in getting our album together, and we thank them for helping us get our start.
Randy: Will the band be touring?
League of Nations: We don't have a tour planned yet, though that may change soon.
Randy: Any music videos coming out?
League of Nations: Hopefully if we know how fricking make them. We were planning on music videos for Knife Through the Spine and Third Degree, we just haven't found anyone to help get those done yet.
Randy: What's next for the band?
League of Nations: No one can predict the future, so we don't really know what's next. We're enjoying living in the here and now, but based off the popularity of Worlds Collide, we're excited to see what's to come.
Congrats to the newly signed band! We think it's a good sign about our choice for signing them. Hopefully fans look forward to more!
So, to those who don't know, my band is called Deduction Of A Miscalculation, it's existed since 2012 and the next album, entitled SKOD will be out sometime in March, and will be the 20th so far since the first one came in 2016.
Most of my songs are in English, but I've done a few albums in Danish as well, and the new ones will be one of those.
Here's the tracklist with translated titles:
1. Abraham (well, it's a name, that old guy from the bible)
2. Skod (Butt, as in a cigarette butt, commonly used in Denmark as a synonym for shitty)
3. Barnlig (Childish, but "lig" also means corpse, so it's a wordplay on childish/child-corpse)
4. Livret (Favorite Dish, literally life-dish, but "ret" also means right, as in human right, so it's a wordplay on favorite dish/life-right)
5. Bundtrawler (Bottom Trawler)
6. En Som (One Like, but again, a wordplay, as "ensom" means lonesome)
7. Lad Os Være (Let Us Be)
8. Stille (Quiet)
9. Næsten (Almost)
10. Spies Lige Brød Til (a danish saying meaning "take it easy and slow down before overreacting", I don't know how to translate it literally but simplified it's "eat some bread" - however, wordplay again, the word "Spies" is actually spelled "Spis" normally, and means "Eat", while "Spies" is the name of a danish historical figure who started a travelling company)
11. Så Kæmperne Må Uddø (So The Giants Must Go Extinct)
12. Når Jeg Er Væk (When I Am Gone)
13. Tæsk (Beating, as in getting a beating)
14. Anderledes (Different)
15. Syng Mit Navn (Sing My Name) Hidden track
16. Mortens Morgensang (Mortens Morning Song - Morten is a name, and this is a reworking of a traditional Danish folk song)
Hey all, I updated all the older band pages to the newer visual standard. So now all the band pages are more consistent. Hopefully this makes the site experience better and it makes it more appealing. - CheapSushi
Welcome to Plain Front, a rock band from Toronto, Canada, inspired by American punk and metal, with a unique twist to their sound.
Plain Front is currently working on a new album after the success of Super Secret Demo Tape. No release date is currently known as it's still in its early stages.
But be sure to visit POM Records when it's released!
1. The Show
2. Act Zero
3. Minute by Minute
4. Sleeping with the Fishes
5. Lights Come Down
6. Left Hand Key
7. This Is Where It Ends
10. A Circus Paradise
11. Battle of One
1. Worlds Collide
2. Knife Through the Spine
3. Fire in the Sky
4. Reduced to Rubble
5. Third Degree
6. Mission Statement
7. Dog Eat Dog
8. 79TEN (Nik Nocturnal cover)
A Punk-o-Matic Community Project based off a Flash game by Evil Dog Games
BEST VIEWED ON DESKTOP